The ideal candidate for this position will analyze system security requirements; develop and implement mission critical applications for an organization's IT operations; and maintain security compliance programs to protect IT systems, networks, and data. This position starts at a salary of $99,712 (GS13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the National Continuity Programs team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an IT Specialist (InfoSec) in the Security Branch, Continuity Support Division, National Continuity Programs. You will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining programs, policies, and procedures to protect the availability, integrity, confidentiality, and security of IT systems, applications, networks, and data.
Typical assignments include:
- Implements, maintains, and conducts on-site and remote analyses of information systems standard security products and associated systems
- Identifying and remediating security vulnerabilities
- Ensuring IT systems are secure from unauthorized use, viral infection, and other problems that would compromise classified information, confidentiality or privacy of data, or other aspects of overall system security
- Developing, implementing, coordinating, reviewing, and evaluating security plans, policies, technical/administrative procedures, and accreditation documents
- Develops risk analysis for new and current information systems and networks to identify risks inherent in the design and countermeasures installed or required
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection
- Ensures systems are fully accredited and comply with security standards
- Providing guidance and assistance with systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional non-emergency travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546991900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.