The ideal candidate will have experience in server administration and networking, including, but not limited to installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of server/switch hardware and operating systems. This position starts at a salary of $83,398 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center (MWEOC) team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In the position of IT Specialist (SYSADMIN/NETWORK), you will be responsible for providing technical expertise on system operations, hardware specifications, networking, and a wide variety of applications and programs. Typical duties include:
- Performing tasks associated with local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) development, enhancement, maintenance, modification and configuration management.
- Analyzing, specifying and procuring hardware and software devices and support to ensure effective administration and management of requirements.
- Assembling, correlating, and interpreting a variety of technical data, to analyze the implications, project trends and applying conclusions and to communicate such information orally and in writing, in a clear, logical, and concise manner, including writing comprehensive operating instructions.
- Utilizing the functionality of other IT resources to isolate complex tasks to meet customer operational support requirements.
- Interpreting data, plan the work, and perfect the methods and techniques used to provide customer support, while providing team members with technical support to facilitate their performance of IT support functions and keeping them abreast of continuing system design and business process refinements.
All MWEOC staff have emergency assignments and are considered deployed in place. Exercises and activations are planned and unplanned, and may require long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546969600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.