The Human Systems Integration Division (Code TH) ) at NASA Ames Research Center. The AST,Human Machines Systems Supervisor is responsible for leading innovative technical approaches to develop, assess, and verify design criteria and engineering guidelines for the optimum integration of humans as integral components of advanced aerospace systems.Learn more about this agency
- Work with NASA program managers to identify research and development in human-computer interaction required to successfully fulfill program objectives.
- Establish partnerships with Center personnel to pioneer application and transfer of Human Systems Integration technologies to improve the productivity and quality of processes and products used to carry out NASA's manned and unmanned missions.
- Represents NASA Headquarters, other NASA Centers, private industry, other government agencies and other groups for on problems, related to the future directions of aeronautical and space human factors research.
- Resolves critical problems recognized as exceptionally difficult in the areas of Human-Computer Interaction and Human-Autonomy.
- Teaming with special focus on integrated information systems and intelligent planning/scheduling systems.
- Determines the area of research and approach in addressing priority agency issues and ensures that the team achieves a significant rate of progress in completing program projects.
- Contributes inventions, new designs, or techniques that are regarded as major advances in software development and which have opened the way for extensive further developments of importance to the engineering field, organization, or to the public.
- Focus on research and technology development goals to understand behavior and performance capabilities of human functioning as an integral component of human-machine systems present and projected environment of aviation operations and space mission.
- Leads key agency engineering task forces and committees.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546907000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.