The ideal candidate for this position is comfortable working in a dynamic team environment, experience working with large IT programs, and leading waterfall and agile software development projects. This position starts at a salary of $99,172 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration, Risk Management Directorate, IT and Data Management team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an Information Technology Project Manager. Typical assignments include:
- Utilizing expertise in system development methodologies and Information Technology (IT) project management processes, artifacts, and tools to develop, modernize, enhance, operate, and maintain complex systems and applications for multiple programs within FEMA's Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration (FIMA) Risk Management Directorate.
- Planning, justifying, defending, and managing multiple concurrent projects, or a single large project, to meet agency needs.
- Coordinating with various project stakeholders, ensuring compliance with agency objectives, and coordinating customer approvals.
- Identifying, documenting, and managing customer information systems and technology requirements based on a thorough understanding of mission objectives as well as conduct research and trade off analyses to inform design decisions.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technology to predict future IT needs and supporting change management across the organization with the goal of advancing organizational priorities and the FEMA strategic plan.
Occasional travel - Non-emergency travel 5%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546899400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.