IOWA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD - TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITIONLearn more about this agency
This position is open to current on board technicians employed with the Iowa Army National Guard
LOCATION: G6, DCSIM, JFHQ, Johnston, IA
As a IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN), GS-2210-11 your duties are below;
- Develops, modifies, and tests overall system backup and recovery strategies for assigned systems.Serves as a technical focal point for the installation and configuration of hardware and software on personal computers and for personal data assistants associated with assigned systems.
- Serves as a systems administrator responsible for planning, coordinating, modifying, implementing, and troubleshooting in order to meet customer needs. Work pertains to the administration of all systems, including a myriad of associated hardware platforms, software applications and numerous interfaces included in the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends hardware/software changes to various computer systems. Considers factors such as compatibility with standard systems, conversion or implementation costs, and impact on existing equipment. Installs, configures and tests products and equipment being reviewed.
- Develops guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), bulletins and flyers regarding the operation/use of assigned C4 systems, services, and activities. Analyzes policies, regulations, and system provisions governing standard operating systems and provides assistance and advisory services to users .
- Implements systems software changes, operating system releases and maintains the operational status of systems. Coordinates with system developers to resolve solutions to hardware and/or software malfunctions.
- Performs security management in accordance with National Guard Bureau (NGB) regulations and state policies. Reviews and implements local policies regarding system access, network rights, and physical access to systems and equipment.
- Implements state policy relating to systems storage requirements. Designs and modifies the storage structure and correlation between systems. Modifies system parameters on multiple operating systems, integrating the use of Storage Area Networks (SAN), to achieve maximum system efficiency. Analyzes system operations to identify inefficiencies and takes action to resolve problems and ensure optimal performance and consistency.
- Troubleshoots problems and implements changes on multiple computer platforms. Diagnoses system failures to isolate source of problems between equipment, system software, and application programs. Provides solutions by modifying codes, devising fixes, documenting problems and advising responsible party. Interacts with peers and vendors to resolve hardware and software problems and reports unresolved problems.
- Plans and schedules the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems, and software applications. Considers factors such as compatibility, conversion or implementation costs, and impact on existing equipment. Directs testing of vendor-provided software. Advises staff on issues pertaining to operating systems and hardware status.
- Performs other duties as assigned. D1618000
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546860100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.