The USD(I) is the principal advisor to the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense on all intelligence, counterintelligence, and security, and other intelligence-related matters. The Director, HCMO is the chief advisor to the USD(I) on the development, implementation, and evaluation of Defense Intelligence and Security human capital strategy, policy, programs and performance.Learn more about this agency
This Position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601, For more information see http://dcips.dtic.mil Selection under this appointment authority does not confer civil service competitive status.
If selected, Federal employees currently serving in the competitive service must acknowledge that they will voluntarily leave the competitive service by accepting an offer of employment for a DCIPS excepted service positions.
If selected, non-DCIPS candidates must acknowledge that the position they have been selected for is in the excepted service and covered by DCIPS.
This is an Excepted Service position.
Your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Responsible for the development and integration of Defense Intelligence human capital programs and policy into Departmental strategy and policy for assigned areas of responsibility, with particular focus on the development of policy for and Defense Intelligence and Security Enterprise (DISE) oversight of the hiring, development, and management of DISE executive resources.
- Develops policy for and oversees the management of the Defense Intelligence Senior Executive Service (DISES) and Defense Intelligence Senior Leader (DISL) programs within the DISE.
- Oversees diversity and inclusion programs within the DIE, with particular focus on ensuring that hiring, development and selection policies create a richly diverse and talented workforce within and across career DISE specialties that develops feeder pools leading into the senor ranks within the DISE.
- Mentors and develops more junior HR professionals both within the HCMO staff, and across the DISE in his or her consultative role.
- Collaborates teams with colleagues within HCMO to provide expertise to HR policy and program development across the full spectrum of HR lines of business, from hiring through development of compensation, classification, promotion, and development programs under both rank-in-position and rank-in-person personnel systems in operation or under development within the DISE.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546817800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.