This position is an Advanced Medical Support Assistant in the LaCrosse PACT Outpatient Clinic at the LaCrosse CBOC in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. The incumbent's work impacts the administrative aspect of patient care, including: access, scheduling/coordinating appointments using advanced clinic access principles, collecting and updating demographic and insurance information, managing the Electronic Waiting List (EWL), patient processing and customer service.Learn more about this agency
- Provides administrative support to clinicians and other administrative and professional staff throughout the medical staff office for purposes of coordinating Non-VA medical care for Veterans when the inpatient or outpatient provider has deemed such care necessary.
- -Coordinates with the patient care team to review clinic appointment availability to ensure that clinic schedules are closely monitored to effectively support the needs of the clinics.
- -Administrative scheduling and appointment coordination for diagnostic testing, and consultative appointments for many clinical services.
- -Receive phone calls in a courteous and timely manner, determine the nature of requests, provide the information desired using privacy rules and established processes.
- -Independently manage position responsibilities with little supervision as well as set priorities and deadlines adjusting the flow and sequencing of work to meet team and patient needs.
- -Develops continuous monitors dealing with both clinical and administrative quality assessment and improvement activities.
- -Works collaboratively with the Medical Center's managers, PACT Teams, VA providers, and discipline specific functional area professional and clinical leaders, as well as Social Workers, Managers and Non-VA healthcare professionals and community vendors.
Work Schedule: Monday - Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546732000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.