This position is part of the Library Services and Content Management, Government Publishing Office in Washington , District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
The Selectee will work Shift-1 Monday- Friday and a tour of duty from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
The incumbent reports directly to the Managing Director, Library Services and Content Management. The incumbent should possess a high level of managerial and customer service experience directing a mid-level organization with extensive impact and high visibility.
As the Chief Federal Depository Support Services, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Develops networks, builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships, achieve common goals; while maintaining customer partnerships.
- Leads the Federal Depository Library FDL outreach effort that includes operational consultation and direction through on-going oral and written communications, including in-person visits.
- Establishes annual work goals and objectives for both the overall unit and staff performance measurements.
- Prepares a variety of comprehensive status reports and metrics, management summaries and briefing papers that identify strategies, problems, opportunities and strategic recommendation for Federal Depository Support Services FDSS.
- Coordinates and serves as primary strategic liaison to initiate, establish, and manage professional relationships with librarians and other key stakeholders in order to exchange information on industry trends and make strategic adjustments that align with FDL community needs.
- Formulates policies and directs staff involvement in networking opportunities and alliances within the Federal Depository Library Program FDLP community.
- Serves as primary sponsor of all computer-based applications and services that are an integral part of services to the FDL's including the FDLP Directory, FDLP eXchange.
- Coordinates with Congressional Offices and members of library associations and other industry groups to explain FDLP program requirements and activities and promote the resources of libraries in the Program.
- Reviews and evaluates FDLP customer needs. Administers surveys, focus groups, conducts in-person feedback to gauge customer service satisfaction and understanding of FDLP requirements.
- Develops and ensures application of internal policy, procedures, and performance standards and keeps employees informed of unit objectives.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546690900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.