The RN Case Manager is organizationally responsible to the Nurse Executive or designee and serves as direct staff support to surgical management, section chiefs, and all others in planning, designing, integrating, implementing, modifying, and administering a Quality Assessment and Improvement Program that evaluates and seeks to improve the quality of clinical care and/or the appropriateness and timeliness of surgical services provided.Learn more about this agency
The RN Case Manager nurse provides care and counseling of persons or in the promotion and maintenance of health and prevention of illness and injury based upon the nursing process which includes systematic data gathering, assessment, appropriate nursing judgment, and evaluation of human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case finding, health teaching, health counseling; provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well-being. Also responsible for:
- Provides support to key staff regarding the compilation and analysis of clinical and administrative date
- Quality of care assessments
- Risk management and utilization of resources throughout the care line.
- Responsible for demonstrating clinical expertise and provide support to the RN Case Management in the MCL.
- Responsible for recommending actions to improve patient care.
- Responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing and/or supervising direct patient care.
- Responsible for Care Coordination and discharge planning to help reduce length of stay and readmission.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30a.m. - 4:00p.m.; with possible rotating shifts, weekends & holidays
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546647800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.