This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will lead and conduct both fundamental and applied research in the area of atomic frequency references and atomic clocks.
- You will lead and conduct applied research in connection with the in-house development of advanced atomic frequency standards with the ultimate goal producing space qualified clocks for the Global Positioning System (GPS) and other space programs.
- You will perform research in the areas of laser-cooled microwave and optically interrogated frequency standards using laser technology such as laser cooling and trapping of alkali and alkali earth elements, ion trapping and optical lattice trapping.
- You will provide design, control system and data analysis support to the Advanced Space Precision Navigation and Timing (PNT) Branch Clock Test Facility.
- You will generate and evaluate contract specifications for frequency standards and associated equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546545300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.