The ideal candidate will have knowledge of troubleshooting and repairing of commercial air conditioning and heating systems and electronic controls for HVAC systems. This position starts at a salary $25.37 (WG-08) and $28.23 (WG-10), with promotion potential to $29.68 (WG-11). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mt. Weather Emergency Operations Center (MWEOC) team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will perform work in repairing and modifying a variety of air conditioning/refrigeration equipment and systems.
Typical assignments include the following, while working with a higher graded mechanic:
- Operates, maintains, overhauls, repairs, and modifies reciprocating and centrifugal air conditioning/refrigeration systems and equipment.
- Examines and troubleshoot complex air conditioning systems with a variety of refrigerant and controls.
- Repair faulty equipment such as compressors.
- Maintains a variety of commercial and industrial air conditioning/refrigeration systems and be able to locate and check elements such as pressure and temperature.
- Uses measuring devices to install and repair air conditioning/refrigeration components.
- Apply testing techniques and procedures to ensure equipment/systems are installed and repaired according to requirements.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546532300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.