The Office of the Commissioner for Trademarks is seeking a high performing and strategic leader to join its Senior Executive Team and serve as Trademark Group Director for Information Technology (Director). The Director is responsible for the implementation of program requirements for automated systems relating to domestic and international Trademark information technology systems.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent reports to the Deputy Commissioner for Trademark Administration (DCTA), and serves as the principal manager of technical employees for the DCTA. The Director makes available systems, tools, and resources to improve Trademark business operations and expand Trademark e-commerce capabilities. Specifically, the Director is instrumental in working with representatives from Trademark Law Offices and intellectual property practitioners to define and integrate user requirements into the design, development, and enhancement of automated information systems, search tools, and e-commerce products. Additionally, the Director works closely with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) to improve and increase the electronic availability of information for both internal and for external use by the public.
The incumbent performs the following:
- Communicates and implement the vision of the Commissioner for Trademarks for the effective integration of the diverse programs provided by USPTO.
- Provides highly technical vision, guidance, and direction on IT requirements definition, development and design, testing, deployment and sustainment and operational support.
- Guides the three subordinate DCTA IT offices, as well as outlining strategic focus for the critically-placed Senior Leader IT Liaison (ITL).
- Develops policies and establishes procedures that affect the selection methods and techniques for obtaining information technology solutions.
- Develops and administers information technology performance requirements and metrics that will have the greatest impact on improving organizational processes.
- Develops and implements best practices and processes with respect to Intellectual Property.
- Oversees Trademark artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions.
- Directs and oversees international processes and reviews corresponding USPTO application processes to determine potential and/or required information technology changes.
- Fosters employee involvement in automation processes and policies to establish a mechanism to develop state-of-the-art image searching in order to operate in a fully electronic environment.
- Implements program requirements for automated systems relating to domestic and international Trademark information technology systems.
- Ensures support and coordination for automation-related projects resulting from international projects and agreements. Responsible for the identification, user evaluation, development for commercial search and information tools.
- Provides administrative oversight for the development and deployment of automation training for all in-house and commercial systems made available to Trademark employees.
Occasional travel - May be required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546436600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.