The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the West Point Golf Course.
- Maintains golf course operating heavy equipment such as lawn mowers, tractors, fork lifts, aerators, verti-cut machines, backhoes, front-end loaders, dump trucks, and rollers.
- Duties include mowing, pushing, pulling, piling, or loading materials such as sand, gravel, or earth, to accomplish landscaping, filling, digging of ditches and holes, and hauling.
- Adjusts attachments to the equipment for proper level, angles, or depth, according to the work to be done and the type of equipment used.
- Applies fertilizer, sow seeds, and sods needed areas. Sprays or applies insecticides and herbicides, as directed. When required, waters different areas of golf course.
- Performs necessary repair and maintenance work on equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546431400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.