About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This Program Analyst position is with the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC), G3 Section, located on Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
CCDC provides the research, engineering, and analytical expertise to deliver capabilities that enable the Army to deter and, when necessary, decisively defeat any adversary now and in the future.
Serve as a Program Analyst, performing Major Subordinate Command (MSC) level policy and procedure development, oversight of readiness, training and exercises programs, development and execution of the Command's training and exercise budget, and development of planning directives to support the accomplishment of higher headquarters, Combatant Commanders, Garrison APG and CCDC missions. Within assigned area of responsibility the incumbent is recognized as an expert consultant and authority, providing traditional staff support to all CCDC organizations in assigned area of responsibility including: Readiness, Exercises, & Training, Plans, Policies and Procedures, Operations Center Procedures, Technical Support/Assistance; Planning and Conduct of Inspections/Staff Assistance Visits; and Process Improvements.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing and using spreadsheets and automated systems to collect and organize readiness data.
- Initiating action and coordinating with higher headquarters, other Major Subordinate Commands, installation and subordinate agencies to obtain plans, revisions, and other material.
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams to resolve complex, multifaceted planning, exercise, and readiness issues applicable throughout CCDC.
- Developing and obtaining Command approval of policies and procedures for tracking and reporting the readiness of the Command to fulfill its mission.
- Briefing Command Group on as-needed basis as well as at regularly scheduled Readiness Reviews.
- Researching training requirements and does scheduling coordination to minimize impact on operations.
- Responsible for developing operational plans associated with contingency operations and war preparation.
- Serve as a member or a leader of CCDC Staff Assistance Visits Teams aiding Subordinate Units in assigned functional areas of expertise.
- Serve as project officer for conferences, special functions, and ceremonies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546400700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.