This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR), Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) with one vacancy in Plainsboro, NJ.
This position is also announced under vacancy number OAR-GFDL-2019-0012, which is open to Status Candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.Learn more about this agency
As an Administrative Support Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Assist management and staff with classification, job grading, and position control, recruitment and retention, and personnel actions.
- Coordinate suitability checks, including Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (eQip), The National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI), and Background Investigation (BI), for personnel at the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) as well as for computer account requesters in the NOAA-wide Research and Development High Performance Computing Program.
- Process requests from Foreign Nationals to visit GFDL, including coordination between the host, the requestor, Line Office headquarters, NOAA Chief Administrative Officer's Office, and the DOC Office of Security.
- Implement administrative support such as personal property accountability or disposal, contract services, office equipment, messenger and mail services, consumable supply distribution operation, labor services, procurement, travel, safety/health, guard services or other administrative programs and services.
- Prepare documentation for travel of GFDL staff, including travel requests and vouchers, group travel authorizations, official passports, and gift and bequest travel.
NOTE: The duties described above are at the full performance level (ZA-3). The duties at the ZA-2 level are developmental leading to such performance.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% domestic travel may be required for this position.
3 - If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546344200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.