The Northwest Health Network Veterans (VISN 20) is seeking to fill 2 Auditor vacancies in White City, Oregon Centralized Accounting Office. The Auditor is responsible for a wide range of assignments and oversight including financial integrity, program and components, fiscal compliance and functional reviews. The Auditor will ensure consistency in financial, logistic and capital asset management policies promulgated by VHA and the VA Office of Management, and the Office of Government Ethics.Learn more about this agency
Duties of the Auditor include but are not limited to:
- The incumbent provides advice and performs assistance work for the Chief Accounting Officer. The duties may include ad hoc facility-level data validation for Network level reporting purposes;
- The incumbent performs financial audits by examining accounts and financial records for the purpose of certifying financial statements;
- The incumbent develops and plans programs for achieving and maintaining total quality transaction processing and customer service throughout the business cycle;
- The individual will personally conduct some of the audits and may be responsible to form audit teams made up of medical center staff with appropriate expertise;
- The individual will assist in the development of the audit protocols used by the teams, will train the teams if necessary, will review their findings;
- Studying and evaluating the existing system of internal control to determine the level of system reliability;
- Determining those audit procedures required to attain audit objectives in view of the level of system reliability; and
- Obtaining sufficient reliable evidence through inspection, observation, inquiries, and confirmation to provide a reasonable basis for an audit opinion.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Auditor/PD10151A, PD10163A, and PD10164A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: No, no incentives are authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546328000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.