The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) has adopted the HR Modernization and Shared Services Implementation, which is a new model of organizing and consolidating essential Human Resource (HR) functions and services to the Network level. This streamlined and focused approach moves VHA forward in its continuum of providing comprehensive, compassionate, and coordinated care to Veterans.Learn more about this agency
The position includes but is not limited to the following major duties:
- Analyzes candidates for eligibility in order to determine qualifications, issue merit promotion certificates, and make job offers.
- Researches laws, regulations, and data in order to recommend solutions to problems. The selectee participates in human resources planning groups to recommend changes and improvements in hiring timelines.
- Performs internal placement duties, including carrying out special placement activities and providing interpretation and assistance on the agency's merit promotion program.
- Assists applicants with questions concerning employment.
- Coordinates and/ or executes plans to initiate and maintain a highly visible recruitment program to stimulate interest and attract qualified applicants for a variety of hard-to-fill occupations.
- Performs basic internal/ external placement and recruitment duties for an organization(s) whose jobs and career pattern are substantially standardized and which has well defined work processes.
- Develops and publishes vacancy announcements using the latest technology and track recruitment utilizing automated staffing systems.
- Utilizes information systems such as eOPF, WebHR, USA Staffing, HR Smart as well as SharePoint databases.
- Advises management, employees, and/ or applicants on various types of appointments and their appropriate application in both the competitive and excepted service and the procedural and regulatory requirements governing merit promotion processes.
- Makes pay determinations utilizing appropriate rules and regulations which include but not limited to grade and pay retention, highest previous rate, promotions, change to lower grade, and position change.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative working relationship with managers.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible: Compressed available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment/Placement)/PD99989-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546249900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.