The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens within West Point's local commuting area. This area is defined as: Orange, Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Ulster, and Sullivan counties.(Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the West Point Automotive Center.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and/or overhaul major components and systems such as engines, transmissions, differentials and trans-axles, electronic fuel injection systems, emission control systems, and related electrical, and other assemblies.
- Disassemble, adjust, repair, reassemble, and runs operational checks on components of these systems following instructions contained in technical manuals.
- Isolate and repair complex malfunctions which are often difficult to trace by a combination of visual and auditory examinations.
- Operates a wide variety of test equipment such as computerized engine analyzers, compression testers, test benches, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and special feeler and dial gauges.
- Makes independent judgments based on specifications in technical manuals and on accepted trade practices. Observes safety, sanitation and hazardous waste disposal rules and requirements. Operates vehicles to test repair and move around facility.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546197900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.