This position is located in the Deputy Commandant for Mission Support (DCMS), Assistant Commandant for Acquisition (CG-9), Acquisition Program Executive Officer Directorate (CG-93) at the USCG Headquarters in Washington D.C.Learn more about this agency
The USCG is announcing a challenging Senior Executive Service career opportunity to serve as the Deputy Director of Acquisition Programs (CG-93D) for all USCG Major System Acquisitions. The Deputy is responsible for oversight of the USCG’s acquisition programs and projects for the modernization and recapitalization of surface, air, command and control, and logistics assets in support of multiple maritime missions.
In addition, the Deputy:
- Provides strategic support for all of the USCG’s major acquisitions in a manner consistent with agency missions and program objectives, applicable laws, regulations, principles, and standards.
- Responsible for systems, products, and services acquisitions that meet the needs of customers to accomplish the mission, vision, and performance goals of the Department of Homeland Security and USCG.
- Responsible for fulfilling those duties related to all acquisitions within the USCG, developing and implementing policies, standards and procedures for these acquisitions, and representing the program on panels and committees, and in federal government/DOD groups, committees, and other forums.
- Responsible for directing, managing, planning, budgeting, and scheduling the acquisition programs, establishing priorities, evaluating policy issues, and diagnosing organizational problems.
- Provides oversight to approximately 466 military and civilian personnel, managing project risk, introducing change, and procurement/contracting for all other acquisitions designated.
- Direct and manage the horizontal interfaces within CG-93, coordinating the activities of key business processes and programs, and ensure appropriate integration and communication among the CG-93 organizations and other Headquarters and field organizations.
- Evaluate the mission performance of CG-93 by measuring key outcomes/outputs and make recommendations for improvement to the Director.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/546054900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.