The Cook position is located in the Nutrition and Food Service at the James A. Haley VA Hospital.Learn more about this agency
The WG-04 Cook with the Nutrition and Food Service within the James A. Haley Veteran's Hospital, prepares a variety of menu items including regular and special diet food items, using standardized recipes and menus. The Cook also serves as the food banker pulling food from the freezers/refrigerators for the tray assembly area. In this position, the Cook will work under the direction of a higher level Cook and will be supervised by the Production Supervisor. Other duties the Cook may be responsible for, but not limited to, are:
- Prepare modified texture foods (i.e. pureed, mechanical, etc.) by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, bleaching, etc.
- Operate a variety of kitchen equipment which utilizes electricity, steam or microwave heat sources.
- Ensure foods are stored at the correct temperatures, date and label food, and maintain accurate food inventories rotating stock to prevent spoilage.
- Set-up issue carts daily from food bank refrigerator including un-boxing food from freezer and ensuring food bank is cleaned and organized.
- Ensure food for tray assembly area or hot line is set-up correctly and timely, and food for back-up is available.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Position Description Title/PD#: COOK/ 673-06300-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
4 - -NONE
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545971900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.