WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.Learn more about this agency
See Additonal Information for Locations.
WHAT DOES A LABORER DO? Performs a variety of manual labor and warehouse tasks in support of forms distribution within the Distribution Center. The work consists of a wide range of manual tasks supporting fulfillment of customer requests for IRS published products. The purpose of the work is to maintain inventory accuracy for complete and timely processing of customer orders.
As a Laborer you will:
- Receive shipments of diverse types of mail and other items delivered to the IRS office and moves to a designated supply area.
- Load and unload trucks, carts, other conveyances or pallets loaded with forms, supplies and other products. Moves, packs, unpacks sorts, segregates, arranges, stacks, piles or relocates a large variety of packages and other items. Cartons loaded, unloaded, or moved weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Follow appropriate procedures for receipt, inspection, acceptance, handling, storage, fulfillment, shipping and disposal of security, serially numbered, and Official Use Only published products.
- Take inventories of quantities of specific forms by counting boxes or pallets as requested. Verifies physical inventory accuracy against inventory records and reconciles differences in Inventory and Distribution System.
- Fill orders from a computerized picking ticket, a paper label or list, or an electronic device or screen; selecting and assembling appropriate containers from among different boxes, tubes, mailers, and envelopes.
- Select the correct requested products in accurate quantities and selecting the correct revision products; adding related products as directed; placing products in the container correctly; adding appropriate dunnage material; transporting completed orders for packing; packing completed orders as assigned. Select the correctly coded product for Distribution Program orders; orders may contain state products which use bar code readers to scan bar codes on picking bins, stock locations, pick bins, picking lists, and other documents or locations. May also cluster pick several orders simultaneously following established procedures.
- Operate equipment for sealing containers including case sealers, shrink-wrap machines, heat tunnels, and other specialty packaging equipment.
- Prepare orders for shipping and sorts by carrier. Operates outbound mail equipment such as scales, mail meters, and scanners.
Cleans office and light industrial space, shelving, conveyors, equipment, machinery and floors as directed.
- May use weight-handling powered equipment including fork-lifts and pallet jacks and moves forms, supplies, equipment and finished mail to and from a warehouse or staging area.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545953800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.