The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."Learn more about this agency
- Provides consultative and technical services to program managers and all levels of management on a broad range of human resources management services.
- Performs classification of positions as required for the recruitment activity.
- Rates and reviews applications and makes determinations on eligibility for appointment.
- Completes the entire hiring process for Federal and non-Federal appointments: confirming the selection, initiating the background investigation process, obtaining agency record checks and release dates, making the job offer, setting pay, processing the entrance on duty, and conducting new employee orientation.
- Documents and completes tasks associated with the recruit action using an automated HR system for job requisitions.
- Performs special assignments including participating in public outreach activities (e.g., career fairs, diversity recruitment outreach, informational sessions on recruitment and staffing, etc.)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545792300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.