This position is located on the Public Services Team of the White Mountain National Forest with a duty location in Campton, NH.Learn more about this agency
This position is responsible for providing technical support to the heritage resources staff.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Sarah Jordan at 603-536-6240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Analyzes archeological data in preparing reports, for situations where precedents are not fully applicable.
- Makes recommendations to be used in "determinations of effect" and "determinations of eligibility" by the archaeologist.
- Compiles and reports information about the nature and extent of known cultural resources.
- Applies scientific methods to survey parcels of land to determine likely sites of archeological interest.
- Enters site and inventory information into databases and onto GIS maps.
- Responsible for the preparation of archeological and historical information to create interpretive materials for display and dissemination.
- Monitors archeological projects to ensure sufficiency of fieldwork.
- Conducts inventories of Forest cultural resources in areas of proposed Forest Service projects.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to attend meetings and training may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545784100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.