About the Position: This position is with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers located in Buffalo, New York.Learn more about this agency
- Establishes work schedules and assures overall coordination of work assignments to affect a smooth, well integrated organization.
- Provides professional and policy guidance and assistance to the Branch personnel.
- Reviews reports for technical accuracy and adequacy, soundness of engineering assumptions, reliability of conclusions and general conformance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Plans and assigns work of subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules of work completion.
- Assigns work based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments and capabilities of employees.
- Hears and resolves complaints, referring group grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to higher level supervisors. Approves leave schedules
- Identifies developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed training or development.
- Responsible for providing technical support to environmental programs and projects focused on environmental compliance, data science, and environmental investigation and remediation.
- Identifies and describes approved methods for environmental media sampling and analysis.
- Provides chemical, biological, physical test methods, test results, and interpretation for preparation of environmental documents.
- Evaluates and compares hazardous, toxic, and radioactive waste (HTRW) field data with applicable or relevant and appropriate Federal, State, and local requirements.
- Identifies and describes pathways for contaminant transport from HTRW sites.
- Provides field oversight at HTRW sites and documents quality assurance activities to ensure that investigation and remediation activities are conducted in accordance with work plans.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 25% of time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545533300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.