You will serve as a Technical Project Manager in the Unmanned & Autonomous Systems Branch, Weapons Control & Integration Department of NAVSURFWARCENDLD. If selected, you will serve as a Technical Project Manager leading multiple efforts in support of the MD-4 Mission Control System, which is the command and control portion of the MQ-8 (Fire Scout) UAS.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide program management, responsible for cost, schedule, and performance for teams conducting software development, hardware design, network design, implementation, testing, ship installation, and in-service engineering support for MD-4.
- You will effectively communicate and plan program activities with multiple sponsor personnel at the NAVAIR PMA-266 program office in close coordination with Dahlgren team leads, team members, line management, and external stakeholders.
- You will maintain a strategic approach that aligns the goals of the program office, the NSWCDD workforce, and leadership in order to promote effective long-term support, accommodate growth, and adapt to changing program priorities.
- You will conduct planning for future MD-4 efforts by working with line management to secure needed personnel and facility resources, and leverage acquisition processes that support future work.
- You will utilize data driven best practices to manage team workload, performance, and product quality. Implement an environment of continuous process improvement.
- You will lead the development and growth of a cross-functional team through task and workload allocation, training, mentorship, and succession planning.
- You will foster an environment of teamwork through effective team planning, communication, and conflict resolution.
- You will coordinate and lead internal and external reviews to assess programmatic execution and product suitability in accordance with sponsor requirements and NSWCDD Technical Project Review Policy.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545480600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.