The Office of the Commissioner for Trademarks is seeking a high performing, innovative professional and leader to join its Senior Executive Team and serve as Group Director for Trademark Quality, Training, and Customer Experience (Director). The Director promotes and carries out initiatives and practices consistent with the strategic plan and goals of the USPTO. The Director also furthers the objectives enumerated by the Commissioner for Trademarks.Learn more about this agency
The Group Director for Trademark Quality, Training, and Customer Experience (Director) serves under the general administrative direction of the Deputy Commissioner for Trademark Examination Policy. The Director provides strategic vision, guidance, and direction to ensure that the necessary monitoring, assessment, and training required to instill confidence in the quality of trademark examination work products are provided to internal and external stakeholders. The Director makes managerial and technical decisions required for successful program development, administration, and management.
The Director performs the following duties:
- Develops new ideas and innovative strategic approaches to enhance training, quality and the customer experience.
- Responsible for the execution of a multi-part quality enhancement strategy (i.e., products/services, customer service, measurement of quality, and engaging the public).
- Conducts quality roundtables to introduce initiatives and collect public feedback, and evaluates public input to determine next steps.
- Oversees quality review for all areas to ensure objectives are met and to identify systemic prosecution mistakes in order to facilitate further examiner and professional staff training.
- Administers all Trademark training programs; oversees the Office of Trademark Quality Review and Training, the Trademark Customer Experience program, and the Trademark Assistance Center.
- Oversees programs to track and resolve systemic procedural prosecution problems with the intent of enhancing these programs to receive substantive quality complaints with the goal of identifying systemic problems.
- Monitors decisions of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB), District Court, and Federal Circuit to identify systemic examiner errors in order to facilitate implementation of further examiner training.
- Collaborates with the Office of Trademark Administration and the Office of the Chief Information Officer to review IT processes that impact examiners' prosecution actions.
- Directs the assembly and leadership of cross-functional teams of technical, legal, and operational experts required to operationalize and implement cooperative programs effective to achieve the goals developed by the USPTO as they relate to trademark quality.
- Provides briefings to the Commissioner for Trademarks, the Deputy Commissioners for Trademark Examination Policy, Operations, and Administration on Trademark quality, training, and customer experience matters.
- Provides high quality delivery of information via speeches and presentations through outreach efforts to internal and external stakeholders on topics related to Trademark quality.
- Collaborates with Group Directors in Trademark operations and the Director of Services to improve training, quality, customer service throughout Trademarks.
- Provides direction, analysis, and feedback to assure Trademarks meets mission and goals.
Occasional travel - May be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545450400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.