The incumbent serves as the NY Bureau Chief for Voice of America (VOA). The incumbent is the editorial and operational leader of the bureau and is responsible for daily assignment of resources to service all platforms, the language services, plus the day to day oversight of staff in the bureau and ensures that the reporting out of NY meets the needs of VOA digital and broadcast platforms and audiences.Learn more about this agency
THIS POSITION IS NOT COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Drives editorial/production direction and vision for news gathering in New York and surrounding areas to produce compelling, relevant, and character driven stories for broadcasting and digital platforms, focusing always on VOA's foreign audience.
- Develops content strategies for mobile apps, video, OTT, and web products.
- Provides subject matter expertise into product, technology, and market trends for VOA's digital content offering.
- Uses social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
- Supports language services and the News Center in the creation, development and production of a wide range of TV programs and digital products, including OTT and apps, to suit the needs of our international audience in a multi-platform environment.
- Utilizes deep understanding of VOA digital audiences and analytics to facilitate the delivery of live and digital video to digital audiences in tandem with television production, as well as one-offs for digital platforms.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545426200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.