This position is located in the Office of Planning, Design, and Construction (OPDC), Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Smithsonian Institution (SI). The incumbent observes and monitors construction activities for historic structures.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Construction Representative for the renovation or preservation of historic structures.
- Assists with the review of project plans and specifications to determine site compatibility.
- Observes and monitors all construction phases to ensure compliance with contract schedules, specifications and shop drawings.
- Reviews contractor’s receipt of materials and equipment procured by contractor’s purchase orders.
- Makes detailed technical reports to senior staff and recommends necessary action to correct deficiencies and identify areas of potential problems in accordance with the project construction documents, etc.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545293900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.