This position serves as the primary facility visual information specialist including graphic design, reproduction, facility internet, intranet, SharePoint site, and back-up for social media outlets. The Visual Information Specialist uses printing and digital techniques and technologies to ensure the highest level final product. The Visual Information Specialist is the subject matter expert for the intranet and SharePoint for the Kansas City VA Medical Center.Learn more about this agency
The Visual Information Specialist is responsible for developing an entire spectrum of visual materials from initial planning stage through final production, including reproduction, intended for internal and external stakeholders. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
· Collaborate with clients and subject-matter experts in the creative use of communication ideas.
· Independently provides a variety of original, high quality design consultation and solutions for presentations, brochures, posters,
banners, etc. for use in electronic and print material.
· Produces complete, accurate, complex, high level, visual information products using highly sophisticated and dedicated computer
graphics systems and programs.
· Develop print materials/publications from initial planning stage through final production.
· Provide high quality design consultation and solutions for presentations, brochures, posters, banners, etc. for use in electronic and print
· Produce professional visual information products from cameras and recording devices.
· Proofs images and makes necessary adjustments for professional appearance.
· Performs maintenance on audio-visual equipment.
· Collaborate directly with subject matter experts to update and maintain the facility's SharePoint Site.
· Develop original and creative concepts from customers' guidelines.
· Provide designs and layouts for the Information Technology team.
· Perform visual design/display duties on an independent basis.
· Work under strict, short deadlines and manage multiple projects at one time.
· Ability to interact with all shareholders in a professional manner.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Visual Information Specialist/PD08236-0 and PD08237-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545258000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.