THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SECURITY OFFICER, Position Description Number D2243000 and is part of the WY 153rd Security Forces Squadron, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the 153d Mission Support Group, 153d Security Forces Squadron (SFS). This is an ANG Dual Status Technician position requiring military membership, compatible military skill assignment, and classification. The primary purpose of this position is the principal advisor to the Wing Commander as the Anti-Terrorism Officer (ATO) and reports to the Mission Support Group Commander as the Defense Force Commander (DFC) with responsibility over the SFS; develops, implements, and manages the wing law enforcement, physical security, wing security, and Anti-Terrorism and Force Protection (AT/ FP) programs.
(1) Incumbent is the Wing Commander's principal advisor in all law enforcement and physical security matters. Enforces federal and assimilated state criminal and traffic laws, applicable regulations and administrative policies.
(2) Serves as the Wing AT/ FP Officer. Required to direct installation measures needed to protect against internal and external threats of terrorism.
(3) Exercises delegated authority by the Wing Commander to implement plans and protective measures to counter the threat, and for law enforcement initiatives and functions.
(4) Plans, schedules, controls, and directs all unit functions. Provides leadership and guidance ensuring unit functions meets all wartime readiness requirement.
(5) Performs a variety of DFC and supervisory functions to include assigning work to subordinates (dual and non-dual status, Active Guard Reserve (AGR), and traditional drill status members) by selective criteria such as the difficulty of the assignment, capabilities of the employee, or present work load assigned to each employee.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545220700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.