This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available. Applicants will be referred to selecting official on a weekly basis OR until the closing date of this announcement. Applicants need not re-apply once the application is referred to the selecting official.Learn more about this agency
Education and length of practice will be considered through a formal pay-setting process in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).
Recruitment/Relocation incentives may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. The Education Debt Reduction programs offers eligible applicants up to $200,000 (tax free!) for reimbursement of qualifying educational loans. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System is recruiting a full-time Orthopedic Surgeon to provide a full range of Orthopedic services to our Veterans. This position is located at the Leavenworth division, however the incumbent will be expected to provide Orthopedic support to the Topeka division as well. Travel between campuses will be required. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in and/or manages all aspects of a general orthopedic surgery program, to include inpatient and outpatient clinical, administrative, academic, and research components if warranted.
- Must be able to perform arthroscopic surgeries - scoped interventions of the hip a plus
- Perform administrative duties related to patient care management including: entering progress notes, histories and physicals, discharge summaries, consults, etc.
- Utilize electronic medical records
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team including Nursing, Anesthesiology, Podiatry, Mid-Level Surgical Providers, Residents and medical support staff to ensure prompt and efficient delivery of patient care services.
- Provide supervision to Orthopedic Mid-Level providers and Surgical Residents
- Service on service level and hospital committees as needed and participate in the facility peer review program.
Work Schedule: Primarily Monday-Friday Day Shift; will be required to participate in on-call rotation.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - Incumbent may be required to travel between the Topeka and Leavenworth divisions to meet patient care needs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545208800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.