This position is located in the in the Program Financial Services Unit, Sector Operations Division within the Department of Compact Operations, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-14/15, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3b/3a which is generally equal to GS-14/15.
You will be responsible for ensuring that US Government funds are properly planned, budgeted, obligated, expended in MCC foreign assistance programs, and for working with staff in the execution of financial management and related functions throughout the program lifecycle (i.e., development, implementation, and closure). Work assignments will include:
- Conducting due diligence of the host country's financial management systems and structures. Incorporate proposed due diligence recommendations into final project design.
- Providing guidance to the host country counterparts in establishing the financial management structure needed to implement the program. Ensure that measures to prevent fraud, waste and abuse are implemented.
- Coordinating with the project team to create and deploy financial models to develop quarterly, annual and multi-year financial plans. Establish quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Analyzing financial reports. Coordinate with the project team to review financial results and forecasts. Identify trends in financial performance and recommend improvement. Interpret financial data with comparative analyses through variance reports.
- Reviewing project procurements for financial and operational risks, compliance with MCC policies and price reasonableness.
- Overseeing the development, implementation and closeout of grant facilities.
- Ensuring that the recipient of foreign assistance complies with: compact terms, national and international laws, regulations and policies and procedures.
- Formulating policies and operational procedures regarding the financial management of funds provided to eligible countries under the terms of a compact including plans to improve program policies, practices, methods, and organizational structure.
- Preparing reports and/or analyses regarding financial management policies and positions for senior management, the Board of Directors or interested stakeholders.
- Arranging financial audits of MCC-funded projects and activities. Ensure that audit queries are responded to in a timely manner. Confirm that any audit recommendations are implemented via corrective action plans.
- Working to improve the quality of financial reports between MCC and its Accountable Entities. Visit project sites in recipient countries to ensure financial controls and procedures are in place and MCC donor requirements are complied with.
- Identifying technical assistance and capacity building needs of financial management counterparts in recipient countries.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545088200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.