The ideal candidate will have experience maintaining a cooperative relationship and initiate contacts for the purpose of planning and coordinating a variety of services. This position starts at a salary of $69,581 (GS-11), with promotion potential to $108,422 (GS-12, step 10). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Installation and Infrastructure team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In the position of building management specialist, you will be responsible for providing essential mission-critical support managing facility leased space.
- Maintaining awareness of and accurately applies all program policies and procedures relevant to the execution and monitoring of overall property management and facility management of individual buildings or groups of buildings, government owned and/or leased facilities
- Monitoring project results/program success in relation to overall customer and project/program objectives including quality assurance and expected outcomes
- Providing customer service, explaining requirements, procedures, and decisions and follows-up with customers to ensure requirements are met while maintaining an effective relationship with both internal and external customers
- Creating schedules, providing status updates and maintaining accurate files and documentation
- Anticipating project/program problems and escalates unresolved problems and issues needed to accelerate project completion/program quality.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545074500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.