This position is located with the Voice of America (VOA) in Washington D.C. The incumbent will oversee development of content and broadcasting to a Mandarin audience on a 24/7 channel. The incumbent leads VOA's social media, Internet, and broadcast production and content creation teams of the Mandarin Network and works collaboratively across USAGM leadership to develop platform-appropriate Mandarin Network content.Learn more about this agency
THIS POSITION IS NOT COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the programming and editorial direction, as well as the overall quality of the VOA content produced by the Mandarin Channel, ensuring accurate, fair, and unbiased reporting and adherence to the VOA charter and journalistic code.
- Provides broad direction of the channel's editorial organization, including its workflows, selecting subject matter to be covered, execution of its stories, and their presentation in the channel.
- Manages the development of select original digital/video production and licensed programs according to the channel's programming vision, master plan, and budget.
- Evaluates audio, video, and digital content and provides timely feedback to producers, talents, production companies and their representatives in the Mandarin and English languages.
- Responsible for the recruitment of staff and contractors, and ensures their contribution is consistent with VOA standards; Recommends training as appropriate; manages the channel's general operating budget.
- Tracks, compiles, and reports on competitive information to help maximize the channel's strategy against competitors.
- Works closely with the VOA senior management and grantee to develop programming strategies that deliver to Chinese audiences and recommends suitable products for purchase or production.
- Assures reasonable equity of performance standards and rating techniques developed by subordinates; evaluates subordinate supervisors; and serves as the reviewing official on evaluations of non-supervisory employees rated by subordinate supervisors. Takes disciplinary actions when needed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/545002000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.