This vacancy is for a Supervisory Administrative Specialist position in the Atlanta Regional Census Center located in Atlanta Georgia.
This is a bilingual position. To be considered proficient you must be able to speak, read, and write in English and Spanish.
Applicants must reside in one of the following counties: Cobb, Fulton, DeKalb, Forsyth, Douglas, Clayton, Fayette, Gwinnett, Henry, Rockdale or Cherokee.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation will NOT be paid.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Direct, coordinate, and manage all administrative activities for the Regional Census Centers (RCC) including coordinating personnel management activities; time and attendance reporting; overseeing personal property management; procuring supplies, equipment, and services security; safety; records and files maintenance; travel; space management; and, other administrative services necessary for the efficient operation of the RCC.
- Supervises a subordinate staff performing personnel, payroll, space, voice communications, and general administrative work.
- Delegate work to subordinates based on the difficulty of the assignments and each employee's capabilities.
- Serves as a member of the Regional Census Center management team, providing analytical, planning, and evaluative reports on internal activities or functions such as human resources, fiscal management, travel, space administration, etc.
- Speak the language listed in the Job Announcement Summary in order to make and answer calls that may come from that language speaking population and organizations that service that community in the Area Census Office (ACO) geographical area.
- Present information to audiences that predominately speak the language listed in the Job Announcement Summary.
- Translate and develop targeted informational and promotional materials from the language listed in the Job Announcement Summary to English and back to English.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be 20%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544984700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.