The ideal candidate for this position will promote accountability, transparency and standardization in analytics and data management. This position starts at a salary of $137,849 (GS-15). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Policy and Program Analysis team within FEMA.
Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as the Program Manager for the Enterprise Data and Analytics Modernization Initiative (EDAMI) Program Management Office. Typical assignments include:
- Leading, guiding, and supervising professional and support staff; planning, organizing, and prioritizing work to be accomplished and approving the distribution of work.
- Administering and technically directing the overall operation of the Enterprise Data and Analytics Modernization Initiative (EDAMI) Program Management Office (PMO), including the coordination of discretionary program development.
- Assessing program effectiveness or the improvement of complex program and management processes.
- Ensuring coordination and representing the agency with internal and external stakeholders to apply best practices and lessons learned to program development and implementation.
- Identifying and proposing solution to management problems that are of major importance to planning program direction.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544976100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.