The Mathematical Statistician will provide supervision to employees assigned to perform analysis of contact center metrics. Responsibilities include: modeling complex institute problems, discovering insights, identifying business performance improvement, use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques, organizing/ interpreting data that is easily understood by an audience that is has no knowledge of statistics, to include senior leadership.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but are not limited to:
* Identifies what data is available and relevant to the analysis or topic under review including internal and
external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes such as information or social media or other as of yet unidentified sources.
* Collaborates with organization subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information.
* Makes strategic recommendations on data collection, integration and retention requirements incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
* Utilizes patterns and variations in the volume, speed and other characteristics of data supporting the initiative, the type of data (e.g., images, text, clickstream or metering data) in predictive analysis
* Provides business metrics to show improvements in business, team and individual performance (contribution to the improvement should be monitored initially and over multiple iterations). \
* Demonstrates the following scientist qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, and fairness.
* Applies advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems, such as Avaya WFO and Avaya CMS.
* Monitor and report on the status and progress of work, checking on work progress and reviewing completed work to see that the supervisor's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines, and quality have been met.
* Prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information, as required, and coordinate the preparation, presentations, and communication of work-related information to the supervisor
* Performs supervisory duties within the scope of existing CE policies and with the scope of the negotiated labor contract.
* Participates as a management representative in negotiations with the union on issues directly
impacting the functioning of the assigned work units(s).
* Ensure that the organization's strategic plan, mission,vision, and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans, and work products and services
Work Schedule:Negotiable work schedule between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Mathematical Statistician/PD547010
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544942700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.