WHAT IS THE WAGE AND INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A LEAD TAX EXAMINING TECHNICIAN DO? As a Lead Tax Examining Technician, you will serve as the work leader for a team of tax examiners. In this role, you will carry out a full range of administrative and technical assistance. This work involves a diversity of issues related to a wide range of tax processing regulatory requirements and procedures administered by the Internal Revenue Service. As a lead, you will provide training, quality review and be an instructor or on-the-job instructor. In this position, you will lead and/or participate in team discussions, provide a positive environment and use sound judgment in resolving work issues.
As a Lead Tax Examining Technician, you will:
- Distribute, balance, monitor and report workload in accordance with established workflow or job specialization and maintain your own assigned inventory.
- Assure equitable distribution among employees and timely accomplishment.
- Amend or reject work not meeting established standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of procedures, policies and directives to provide employees both classroom and OJT instructions.
- Resolve simple informal complaints.
- Complete unit quality reviews, provide reports on performance, progress and training needs of employees.
- Make suggestions concerning personnel actions and recognition of outstanding performance. Provide feedback to the manager regarding employee performance when standards are not met.
- Perform administrative duties in the absence of the manager.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544898500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.