This position is located in the Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR). The employee serves as Branch Chief with responsibility for professional engineering duties related to providing energy management and sustainability services throughout the Smithsonian Institution.Learn more about this agency
- Directs a staff of five (engineers and other). Plans and carries out the full range of first-level supervisory and managerial authorities related to assigning work, setting and adjusting priorities, coordinating with other programs, providing management advisory services, technical work direction, setting performance standards and evaluating subordinates.
- Oversees the budgeting for and acquisition of utility services (energy and water) for all SI facilities.
- Manages the development and continuous updating of energy management plans including the identification of SI-wide targets to reduce consumption and lower greenhouse gas emissions.
- Provides authoritative and expert professional advice on energy and utility management issues and serves as a consultant to management and design engineers on Federal laws, regulations and directives and on standards and guidelines such as LEED, NIST Building Life Cycle Costs, etc.
- Oversees the conduct of energy audits by staff or by contractors and applies a wide range of analytical techniques to assess and evaluate findings to identify problem areas, and to formulate innovative solutions.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544882800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.