This position is located in Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR). The incumbent for this position serves under the general supervision of the USRO Shop Supervisor. The purpose of this position is to serve as a mechanic in any of the Building Management Division's (BMD), Zones located in the New York area, performing the full range of operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.Learn more about this agency
- Operates, performs predictive and preventive maintenance on, and repairs equipment and component parts of refrigeration, air-conditioning, heating, high pressure steam distribution, humidification systems, and boiler systems.
- Installs and recognizes the cause of faulty equipment; repairs, modifies and relocates equipment that provides specific and critical conditions in laboratories and special purpose facilities.
- Performs maintenance to equipment, makes adjustment and repairs to equipment and control systems to ensure proper and efficient operation.
- Tests, detects and diagnoses trouble in heating and air-conditioning systems and takes corrective action.
- Cleans and maintains interiors of all mechanical rooms, air intakes, and all other mechanical equipment and areas; also performs fire pump and emergency generator testing.
- Assures the continuous operation and surveillance of the computers in the Central Control Room, analyzes printout data and alarms and assures appropriate remedial actions are taken.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544869700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.