The ideal candidate for this position has experience in Information Technology (IT) program management and services. This position starts at a salary of $117,191 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Grant Programs Directorate team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will provide expert-level technical and operational support and guidance to the agency relating to a variety of Information Technology (IT) functions. Typical assignments include:
- Exercising broad, overall responsibility for the formulation, development, administration and execution of IT systems policies, programs, and projects for the agency.
- Leading traditional, DevOps and Agile software testing, and design and executing Agile technical and management practices to support program and product delivery.
- Supporting work areas in key IT sectors including: data architecture, data integration, system engineering, system architecture, test and evaluation, system security and authorization, release management, product roadmap, pipeline services, application microservices, qualitative and quantitative data, and Agile metrics and reporting.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to identify and specify requirements for product vision; assisting in the development of overall IT systems requirements and specifications; conducting business process reengineering; and ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the analysis of changes, developing and controlling processes in the IT systems structures of the agency.
- Designing and execute qualitative and quantitative user research to inform product vision and roadmap. Mitigating and remove impediments impacting successful team completion of product roadmap goals.
- Designing procedures to validate specifications including metrics to measure the performance of the system, integrations of each component system, and related acquisitions. Applying expert knowledge of scripting, tools, programming languages, standards, and software packages to build databases and data pipelines.
25% or less - This position may require non-emergency travel (25%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544859300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.