This Deputy Director position is located in the Wilson Center's History and Public Policy (HAPP) Program. HAPP focuses on the relationship between history & policy making and seeks to foster open, informed & non-partisan dialogue on historically relevant issues. Please visit the HAPP's website for additional information about the program and its main research components.
Applicants are highly encouraged to read the entire vacancy announcement prior to applying.Learn more about this agency
- Collaborates closely with the Program Director in defining and implementing overall strategic/programmatic goals of the History and Public Policy (HAPP) Program.
- Oversees the planning and execution of HAPP's conferences, seminars, and other events.
- Chairs, plans and sets-up HAPP public events including meetings and seminars.
- Conducts original research on international history for publication as it relates to HAPP's program initiatives.
- Develops new and existing research initiatives.
- Exercises editorial control and oversight of Program publications, including the Digital Archive, the Sources and Methods blog, Working Papers, etc.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for foundational relations and collaborates with the Program Director in cultivating partnerships with stakeholders.
- Provides technical and administrative direction to staff and ensures proper distribution of workload.
- Resolves work problems presented by subordinate and recommends or implements ways to improve productivity in the team.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required.
13 - .
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544848500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.