THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1168/D0173 and is part of the WY Joint Forces Headquarters, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Wyoming Army National Guard's Joint Force Headquarters - Public Affairs Office (PAO). The primary purpose of the position is to assist the Wyoming National Guard's Public Affairs (PA) Officer at the strategic and operational level, with particular emphasis on developing segments of more complicated or sensitive communications campaigns and executing the National Guard Bureau's (NGB's) communication objectives.
GS-11 Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Assists the Public Affairs Officer in the formulation of long-range plans and policies to enhance public understanding, support and acceptance of Public Affairs programs and/or activities statewide.
(2) Creates new or adapts or modifies accepted communication campaign formats to reach a target audience with a specific message.
(3) Responds to media requests for information of both a routine and controversial nature.
(4) Prepares or assembles information kits, edits informational materials drafted by subordinate public affairs specialists or unit UPAR's, releases photographs and/or feature stories to the news media, coordinates media interviews with NG subject matter experts and arranges photographic and electronic media coverage of newsworthy NG events.
(5) Reviews all press releases, feature stories, background statements, special reports, etc., developed by UPARs, prior to their release to the media.
GS-12 Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the state Public Affairs (PA) program through media and audience analysis, determines PA program needs and organizational direction to achieve National Guard PA goals
(2) Formulates long range plans, and develops policies to enhance public understanding, support, and acceptance of National Guard (NG) programs and/or activities statewide.
(3) Provides PA advice to the Adjutant General and staff in support of policies and programs of interest to internal audiences.
(4) Advises NGB of activities and/or incidents that may generate national, regional, or local criticism, and that may create media, community, or congressional interest.
(5) Responds to public requests and develops materials that expound on the nature and purpose of the NG.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544820500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.