Who May Be Considered:
- Status Candidates
- Land Management Eligibles under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act.
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security. Within CISA, the Federal Protective Service (FPS) means protecting and delivering integrated law enforcement and
protection services to our national critical infrastructure of federal facilities
Visit www.dhs.gov/cisa to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position, you will serve as a Mission Support Specialist.Typical work assignments include:
- Use established contracting methods to complete contracting activities;
- Apply recommended solutions to property disposal problems and projects
- Apply HR policies or regulation to effectively manage human resources management;
- Analyze the effects of changes in law and regulations related to management services to determine the best method.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required.
- You must be able to obtain and hold a Secret security clearance.
- Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements.
- New employees must serve a one year probationary period.
- You must submit to a drug test and receive a negative test result prior to appointment to this position.
- After appointment, you may be subject to periodic random drug testing.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized. Other recruitment incentives may be authorized.
- This position has been designated included in bargaining unit representation under the national security provision of 5 USC Section 7112(B)(6).
- All employees are required to participate in Direct Deposit/ Electronic Funds Transfer for salary payments.
- Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
- Essential Personnel: This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, and acts of terrorism or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (5 U.S.C. § 7501-7533 and 5 CFR Part 752, as applicable).
- Financial Disclosure Statement: You are required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, (5CFR Part 2634, Subpart I USOGE, 6/08). Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon entering the position, as well as annually.
- The work may require travel to promote the regional adjudications program, and to attend training, meetings and conferences located throughout the United States
QualificationsYou qualify for the GS-11 grade level (starting salary $75,515.00) if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-09 level or equivalent in the Federal service: 1) Applying HR principals to conduct human resources management services; 2) Using established contracting methods to complete contracting activities (i.e. pre-award, post-award, contract price, cost analysis); 3) Applying recommended solutions to property disposal problems and projects; and 4) Researching studies to resolve a range of issues related to operations.
- Have successfully completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D.; or successfully completed a Ph.D.; or equivalent degree, e.g., LL.M., at an accredited college or university in a field that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your college transcripts (official or unofficial) to support your claim.
- Have a combination of education and experience described above. To combine education and experience, first take the number of semester hours or equivalent earned towards a graduate degree, in excess of 36 semester hours, and divide by 18 semester hours or equivalent. Then take number the number of months experience and divide by 12 months. Add the percentages together. The total must equal at least 100 percent to qualify. This will be calculated using your resume and unofficial transcripts or a list of courses/course hours submitted with your application.
- Have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-11 level or equivalent in the Federal service: 1) Applying HR policies or regulation to effectively manage human resources management services and processes; 2) Analyzing supply programs and/or operations to ensure the successful execution of procurement actions; 3)Recommending solutions to property disposal problems that may have conflicting policy and program objectives; and 4) Analyzing the effects of changes in law and regulations related to management services to determine the best method to meet business objective.
Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
Qualifications Must Be Met
The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Current federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade level or equivalent grade band in the federal service. The time-in-grade requirement must be met by closing date of this announcement.
Submit a copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) that demonstrates your eligibility for consideration, e.g., length of time you have been in your current/highest grade (examples of appropriate SF-50s include promotions, with-in grade/range increases); your current promotion potential; proof of permanent appointment if applying based on an interchange agreement; etc. Please note: While a General Adjustment and/or Award SF-50 may be your most recent SF-50 it typically DOES NOT show proof of Time in Grade. Thus, you may have to submit more than one SF-50 as proof of Time in Grade.
Are you qualifying based on education? Submit a copy of your college transcript (unofficial is acceptable) or a list of coursework with hours completed. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet Federal qualification requirements if you can show that your foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States. For example, specific courses accepted for college-level credit by an accredited U.S. college or university, or foreign education evaluated by an organization recognized for accreditation by the Department of Education as education equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. college or university. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence with your application. See Recognition of Foreign Qualifications for more information.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Merit promotion and/or non-competitive referral lists may be issued based on the needs of the agency.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
Appointments are subject to the availability of funds.
DHS offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan [similar to a 401(k)]; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days; and paid federal holidays. Other benefits may include: flexible work schedules; telework; tuition reimbursement; transportation subsidies; uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; and fitness centers. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities. For more information, go to the DHS Careers website and select Benefits. Disabled veteran leave will be available to any Federal employee hired on or after November 5, 2016, who is a veteran with a service-connected disability rating of 30 percent or more.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
DHS uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
Veterans, Peace Corps/VISTA volunteers, persons with disabilities, and those covered under the Interchange Agreement possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may not have to compete with the public for federal jobs. To determine your eligibility for non-competitive appointment and to understand the documentation that is required, click on the links in Who May Be Considered section or contact the Servicing Human Resources Office listed at the bottom of this announcement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You are encouraged to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, please use the Alternate Application link listed in the Other Information section of this vacancy announcement. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online if at all possible. Applying online, through your USAJOBS account, will expedite the application process and allow you to check your application status as well as verify the documentation submitted with your application. If you utilize the Alternate Application method, your USAJOBS account will not display this application and you will not receive status updates.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated on their resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using an Assessment Questionnaire that is based on the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job:
- Administration and Management
- Planning and Evaluating
- Program Management
Candidates who apply under Competitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are best qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Best qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
Candidate who apply under Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are minimally qualified based on the content of their resume, supporting documentation submitted and their responses to the assessment questionnaire.
If you are determined qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. Preview the Assessment Questionnaire, click https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10570211
Interagency/Career Transition Assistance Program (I/CTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the federal government, you are not I/CTAP eligible. View information about I/CTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under I/CTAP, you must be rated at a minimum score of 85 for this position. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement.
Interview Requirement: Interviews may be required for this position. Failure to complete the interview may result in removal from further consideration. The interview process may consist of a in-person or phone panel interview.
- Your resume
- Your responses to the job questionnaire
- Your Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) to show proof of time-in-grade (examples of appropriate SF-50s include promotions and with-in grade/range increases)
- Your college transcripts, if applicable
- If your application is rated as well-qualified (score 85 or above) and you are claiming special priority selection rights under the Interagency/Career Transition Assistance Program (I/CTAP)? Submit:
- a copy of your agency notice,
- a copy of your most recent performance rating, and
- a copy of your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, noting your current position, grade level, and duty location.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
Your application must be received by 11:59 PM EST on 09/23/2019 . To begin your online application:
You will need to create a login.gov account, if you don't already have one. Your old USAJOBS username and password will no longer work. You'll need to:
- Create a login.gov account - you only need to do this once.
- Enter an email address during the account set up - use the same email address you use for USAJOBS (your primary or secondary email address).
- Create a new password.
- Have a working phone number (mobile or landline) near you - login.gov will send you a security code.
- Finish setting up your login.gov account.
- Once you've finished setting up your login.gov account, you'll go back to USAJOBS to finish the process. Double check your USAJOBS Profile to make sure all of your information is accurate.
- You need to use your login.gov email address, password and security code every time you want to sign into USAJOBS.
- Follow the prompts in USAJOBS to take the online questionnaire, and submit the required documents. See Required Documents section for more details.
You also can't use an email address you share with someone else.
** For any issues signing into login.gov, go to https://login.gov/contact/
Agency contact information
Philadelphia Services Branch
AddressDHS CISA FPS
245 Murray Drive Bldg 410
Washington, DC 20528
Once you submit your application, we will assess your experience and training, identify the best-qualified applicants, and refer those applications to the hiring manager for further consideration and interviews. We will notify you by email after each of these steps has been completed. Your status will also be updated on USAJOBS throughout the process. To check your status, log on to your USAJOBS account, click on "Application Status," and then click "More Information." We expect to make a job offer within 30-60 days after the deadline for applications. If you are selected, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
View more information on applying for federal employment.
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544754300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.