The ideal candidate for this position will have expertise in working on federally declared events with experience working as a program manager responsible for recovery disaster assistance programs at the local, state, federal or tribal level. This position starts at a salary of $107,630 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Recovery Division Region IX team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will perform emergency management work including managing and coordinating with other entities the recovery efforts from intentional and/or unintentional crises, disasters, other humanitarian emergencies, hazards, or natural and manmade/technological incidents. Typical assignments include:
- Managing various public assistance components of the organization required for rapid Federal response to presidentially declared major disasters and emergencies.
- Ensuring effective and efficient program delivery and program management for assigned public assistance disaster declarations.
- Providing technical and managerial oversight to Federal agencies under FEMA Mission Assignment and to those agencies performing direct Federal assistance.
- Representing FEMA as a recognized technical authority in a variety of meetings with local, State, tribal, Congressional representatives and the public.
- Performing additional assignments in support of other FEMA programs as directed by the Regional Administrator, Recovery Division Director and/or Branch Chief.
50% or less - 25% domestic travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544742000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.