The incumbent serves as an International Broadcaster (TV/Online) in the Russian Service of the Voice of America with responsibility for anchoring live and pre-recorded TV programs and segments and delivering live on-camera remotes for interactives with VOA Russian affiliates.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Produces original content, adapts VOA Central News production and available wire reports, and curates crowd-sourced materials to add value to text, audio and video content for VOA Russian's publication and programs on multiple platforms.
- Serves as an anchor in live or live-to-tape studio programs and live remotes for VOA Russian affiliates. Voices video packages. Initiates and conducts original on-camera or via Streambox/Skype interviews with a wide variety of subjects and news sources.
- As assigned, serves as video journalist, covering news events and feature stories of particular interest to target audience.
- Produces/creates complex original TV or online reports focusing on a wide range of issues of interest to target audience. Identifies compelling aspects of a story and synthesizes multiple sources of information, including but not limited to original research and field interviews with VIPs, Russian-speaking experts and intellectuals in the US and Europe.
- Continually monitors incoming wires, news and video feeds to identify relevant information and update the online content or programming materials.
- Uses social media tools and networks to source and verify news and information. Engages audience on all digital media platforms in communication relevant to VOA Russian service's mission.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544725900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.