The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of the Tallahassee, FL area as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in Individual Assistance programs under the Individual Household Program.
In this position, you will contribute to the development and implementation of emergency management recovery policies, plans, and procedures. Typical assignments include:
- Performing contract pre-award work to secure contracts for the acquisition of goods and services and ensuring that procurements are obtained at fair and reasonable prices.
- Providing procurement advice, guidance, and information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing reports and other verbal and written responses to formal and informal requests for information regarding disaster-related procurement.
- Managing procurement unit staff acquisition activities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544695700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.