This position is located in the Science and Technology Innovation Program (STIP) at the Wilson Center. STIP is one of the Center’s thematic programs, which focuses on understanding bottom-up, public innovation; top-down, policy innovation; and, on supporting responsible and equitable practices at the point where new technology and political, social, and cultural processes converge. Project areas include: Emerging Technologies, Citizen Science & Serious Games.Learn more about this agency
Application period extended to 09/22/2019. Applicants that previously applied do not need to re-apply.
- Coordinates program and project budgets with the STIP Director to include preparation of budget projections, honoraria, contracts, and payments.
- Coordinates logistical aspects of conferences, meetings, and other program events, including travel, with internal and external stakeholders to include partner organizations.
- Manages the program’s social media platforms on a daily basis to ensure that they reflect up-to-date information about programmatic initiatives.
- Manages the program public website, including the development of its contents.
- Conducts independent and team-based scholarly research and policy analysis on various STIP initiatives.
- Drafts reports, policy briefs, journal articles, blog posts, op-eds, and other writing materials related to STIP research.
- Collaborates and engages with senior Program Associates with all phases of producing publications.
- With the consultation of the Director, coordinates the administration and outreach of the STIP Advisory Board.
- Identifies and works closely with partner organizations in areas of expertise,
- Maintains the program’s contact databases and develops a new pipeline of audiences.
- Supports the Director and other staff members in coordinating internal and external outreach initiatives affiliated with STIP
Major duties and responsibilities are at the full performance level (GS-09). If selected at the Grade 07 level, the complexity and scope of work are less than that of the full performance level. Additional training and supervision will be given so you can successfully achieve the full performance level.
Demonstrated familiarity and interest with science and technology and its societal and public policy implications for global health, the environment, sustainability, and/or smart cities is highly desirable.
Applicants are highly encouraged to read the entire vacancy announcement prior to applying for specific application requirements.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required.
09 - Promotion to the full performance level is not automatic or guaranteed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544694700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.