This position is located in the National Museum of Natural History (NMNH), Smithsonian Institution. The position is responsible for assisting visitors by providing information about Butterfly Pavilion tickets, Museum services, activities, and exhibits, processing sales on a Point of Sale (POS) cash register and/or operating a ticketing system and assisting in the movement of visitors into and throughout the Museum and entering and exiting the Butterfly Pavilion.Learn more about this agency
- Operates a computerized and online ticketing system, utilizing a POS cash register while accurately handling cash/credit funds.
- Works cooperatively with supervisors to facilitate the safe and expeditious movement of visitors into and throughout the Museum.
- Provides courteous, professional and knowledgeable service to both internal and external customers.
- Responds courteously and knowledgeably to visitor inquiries and resolves visitor complaints and concerns, calling upon a supervisor when needed.
- Adheres to cash handling, safety, PII and security policies.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544671800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.