THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic, Position Description Number D0349000 and is part of the WY 153rd Logistics Readiness Squadron, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Vehicle Maintenance Section of the Transportation Branch. The purpose of this position is to maintain, repair and modify heavy duty vehicles and mobile equipment, including, but not limited to, materiel handling, firefighting and base maintenance and refueling systems.
(1) Performs major repairs and maintenance on heavy mobile equipment and special purpose vehicles such as: fuel dispensing trucks, crash/structural fire equipment and pump trucks, large runway snow removal vehicles, sweepers, bulldozers, mobile cranes, road graders, heavy construction and earth moving vehicles, backhoes, power shovels, front end loaders and pans and trenchers.
(2) Diagnoses the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks, test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters and pressure gauges in order to determine the exact nature or extent of repairs or adjustments necessary to complete work.
(3) Performs body repair and corrosion control, refinishes and repaints surfaces as required.
(4) Prepares, maintains and submits applicable maintenance work orders for man-hour and data collection accounting, to include completing forms to reflect work performed or delayed and parts and maintenance required.
(5) Assists in review and updating maintenance technical orders, shop operating instructions, commercial publications, MAJCOM and local publications, as well as other pertinent directives.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544653600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.